Portuguese Tinned Mackerel(Cavala) Assorted Variety 6-Pak
6 (six) assorted tins of imported Portuguese produced Mackerel(Cavala) varieties. This random assortment is a curated flight that highlights the different production methods and flavors throughout Portugal. Mackerel is a firm & rich tasting oily fish with high health & wellness attributes, but when tinned the flavor mellows. Tinned mackerel is great when served directly out of a can or can be used in recipes due the firmness that flakes more like tuna than sardines.
A Pairing of crackers are included for an easy snack.
- Whole Mackerel - BELA & Manna use the whole mackerel with skin & bones(both edible), but no head, tails, or scales. Amazing presentation and plating due to the striking pattern and great for coating and frying
- Mackerel Filets - the most common tinned method due to the size that lends itself very well for the inclusion of recipes like salads, soft tacos, or omelets.
FLAVORS VARIETIES INCLUDE:
- Piri-Piri - Portugal's most famous hot-pepper! Mild by world hot pepper scales, but has a long finish that is great with a smoke hinting and perfect accompaniment for tinned fish. Can be aroma or the actual pepper.
- Escabeche - Iberian staple sauce that is vinegar based and may include flavors like tomato paste, onion, garlic, sugar and salt. Sublime and a great sauce for fish.
- Escabeche Piquante - A spicy version of the Iberian's most famous sauce.
- Spiced Flavor - This is not necessarily hot spicy, but spiced with with ingredients like cardamom and/or cloves and usually includes slice of carrot or cucumber. Often times there is a hot pepper included, but usually muted.
- Mustard - A classic vinaigrette
- Portuguese Preparation - with carrot, onion, clove and piri-piri
- Garlic & Parsley
- Mediterranean - with Oregano
Sample Brands and Flavors:
- BELA, Briosa, Good Boy, Jupiter, Manna, Manna Gourmet, Minerva, (6 random items total)
Estimated delivery time 2-7 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout